ALEXANDRINSKY THEATRE’S ARTISTIC DIRECTOR VALERY FOKIN CELEBRATES THE JUBILEE OF HIS CREATIVE ACTIVITY
A series of events is scheduled all over Saint Petersburg from November 12 to 17 in order to celebrate the jubilee of creative activity of Alexandrinsky Theatre’s Artistic Director Valery Fokin.
- On November 12 spectators are invited to the New Stage of the Alexandrinsky theatre to meet and talk to the actor Anton Shagin. This is an opening event in a series of gatherings with People’s Artists of Russia: Avangard Leontiev (November 13), Konstantin Raikin (November 14), Yevgeny Mironov (November 17), who will share their memories of working with Alexandrinsky Theatre’s Artistic Director. The project is called ‘Unknown Fokin’.
- On November 13 the ‘Fokin Begins’ photo exhibition opens at the New Stage. The collection embraces work and creations of Valery Fokin form his very first stagings at Moscow Sovremennik Theatre to productions at Meyerhold Theatre Centre and at other eminent Moscow stages and theaters all over the world. Fokin’s filmed performances retrospective launches on the same day.
- On November 15 Mikhail Shvydkoy will moderate Valery Fokin open interview the New Stage of the Alexandrinsky theatre.
- On November 16 ‘The Fire’ movie project, based on ‘Today. 2016-…’ performance, will be presented at the New Stage Media center by performance’s director Valery Fokin, performance’s Artistic Director Nikolai Roshchin, scriptwriter Kirill Fokin and films’s producers.
- On November 17 the Main Stage hosts the grand ceremony of XVII European Theatre Prize, given this year to Valery Fokin, and New Theatre Reality Prize ceremony.
European Theatre Prize events programme will demonstrate the following Valery Fokin’s stagings to public: ‘Schweik. The Comeback’ (November 14 and 15), ‘Today. 2016-…’ (November 16), ‘Masquerade. Remembrance of the future’ (November 17). Along with theatre performances, an International conference, dedicated to Fokin’s works, will take place at the Alexandrinsky theatre’s New Stage on November 17, beginning at 11 a.m.