As a result of thorough selection throughout Alexandrinsky Theatre New Stage competition ‘Laboratory 17’ five young directors will be given a chance to elaborate draft sketches for their prospective performances:
- Oleg Khristoloubsky, ‘Body. Home’ by Ksenia Saveljeva
- Beniamin Kots, ‘A Diary’ by Anna Safronova and Anastasia Fyodorova
- Ivan Komarov, ‘Flying Swings’ by Konstantin Steshik
- Maksim Fomin, ‘Outsider’ by Anastasia Bukreeva
- Maria Seledets, ‘Teacher’s Day’ by Foma Popov and Maria Seledets
Sixty-one applicants participated in the competition and we thank them all for this extraordinary gathering!
A few Alexandrinsky Theatre’s performances are in a nominees list for ‘The Golden Mask’ National Theatre Award (season 2016 - 2017), announced today. Our Theatre is present in various nominations:
- Drama/ Best Large Scale Production
- ‘Crime and Punishment’ (Attila Vidnyansky)
- Drama / Best Small Scale Production
- ‘Chuk and Gek’ (Mikhail Patlasov)
- Drama/Best Director
- ‘Crime and Punishment’ (Attila Vidnyansky),
- ‘Chuk and Gek’ (Mikhail Patlasov)
- Drama/Best Actress
- Olga Belinskaya (Agnessa, ‘Chuk and Gek’)
- Anna Blinova (Sonya, ‘Crime and Punishment’)
- Drama/ Best Supporting Actor
- Vitaly Kovalenko (Porfiry Petrovich, ‘Crime and Punishment’)
- Dmitry Lysenkov (Svidrigailov, ‘Crime and Punishment’)
- Drama/Best Designer
- Alexander Mokhov, Maria Lukka (‘Chuk and Gek’)The award ceremony takes place at Bolshoi Theatre’s New Stage (Moscow, Russia) on April 15, 2018.
On November, 2, to mark the VI St. Petersburg International Cultural Forum Festival programme kick off at Alexandrinsky Theatre venues and a progress of Forum’s THEATRE section events, a press conference of Alexandrinsky Theatre Artistic Director Valery Fokin, who is also a section mentor, will be held at the New Stage Media centre. To add to the grandeur of the meeting, directors from abroad will join press conference via SKYPE.
Press conference starts at 3:00 p.m.
September 13, Valery Fokin’s ‘The Double’ bids farewell at the Main Stage of the Alexandrinsky Theatre.
This performance, premiered February 25, 2005 is of unique importance to the Russian theatre history as the first scenic interpretation of Fyodor Dostoevsky’s ‘Petersburg’ novella of the same title; second staging of Fokin’s so called ‘Petersburg’ dilogy, while the first was 2004 ‘The Overcoat’ by Nikolai Gogol’ at Moscow ‘Sovremennik’ Theatre; and also second (after ‘The Inspector General’) Alexandrinsky theatre staging in the frames of ‘A new life of a tradition’ programme.
Thanks to all the members of production team, Theatre company and all departments involved in ‘The Double’s scenic life.
On October, 10 Alexandrinsky Theatre’s premieres and 2017/2018 season’s events will be presented at the New Stage.
Alexandrinsky Theatre Principal Director Nikolai Roshchin will explain the mission of ‘Laboratory 17’, a competition for young directors, which grants the winner a chance to perform his play at the New Stage. Director Anton Okoneshnikov, playwrights Anastasia Bukreeva and Anna Sokolova will unveil details of the upcoming premiere ‘Without Sun’, based on futurist poetry. French director Jean Bellorini will talk about the premiere of ‘Krum’ by Hanoch Levin.
In addition, New Stage educational and musical events cycles will be presented as well. Among them: New Music at the New Stage; Jazz at the New Stage; ‘Loosely translated’ cycle by Artyom Vargaftik and ‘Divertimento’ string ensemble; ‘Here and now’ project; ‘Campus’ lecture series; ‘A window to Europe’ series of classical music concerts broadcasts; ‘Live sound’ club-like programme concerts; ‘The Ideal City’ cycle of lectures, exhibitions and discussions on modern architecture and urbanistics; ‘Turn this off!’ pop-music guide, aimed at teenagers.
Presentation starts at 1:00 p.m. on various New Stage venues.